Firstly, I sincerely hope everyone and their loved ones are well.
Following confirmation from Wrexham LA yesterday evening that due to the continued falling Covid rates in the area, we are able to start a staggered return for Foundation Phase pupils from this Friday (26th February).
Thank you to everyone who has continued to follow the guidelines, which has helped us get to this point where we can start welcoming back whole classes.
Friday 26th February
School reopens for Nursery
– drop off at usual point between 8:40 am and 8:50 am and pick up at 11:20 am
Monday 1st March
School reopens for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
– details re dropping off and picking up to follow
Please continue to use the one-way system to come into and leave the school yard. The yard will be a lot less busy without KS2 pupils and the temptation may be to use the wrong gate in order to save a few seconds, but please continue to use the correct entrance and exit gates.
Schools are having spot inspections to ensure all procedures are being followed so they can remain open, and the use of the one-way system is compulsory. I am sure nobody wants to see school closed again while our risk assessments and procedures are reviewed because some parents or grandparents are using the wrong gates. If you are still not sure about which gates to use, please ask.
Please ensure you are still maintaining a safe distance from other households when dropping off and picking up. If possible, there should only be 1 adult on the school yard per family to drop off and pick up. If you do have to bring older children with you when dropping off or picking up, please ensure they are with you and maintaining social distance from other households.
Unless you are medically exempt, anyone above the age of 11 should be wearing a face covering on school premises when dropping off and picking up.
Understanding that non-essential shops are still closed and that many of our children will have outgrown items of their uniform, we will be relaxing our uniform policy. However, clothing and footwear should still be sensible and warm so children can spend more time outside (brand new white shoes or clothes may not be ideal). If your child’s uniform still fits they still of course may wear their uniform.
Tier 4 – We are still in Tier 4 lockdown restrictions so please continue to follow the guidelines set out so we can return to normal as soon as possible and also welcome back our KS2 pupils.
At alert level 4 you must:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Stay at home.
- Not create an extended household (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens.
- Meet only your household or support bubble outdoors.
- Outdoor exercise with household, support bubble, or one other person with social distancing.
- Work from home if you can.
- Not travel without reasonable excuse.
- Not travel internationally without reasonable excuse.
Education minister Kirsty Williams ~ said it was not yet safe to see a full return to school for every learner. And she urged people to follow the rules outside of school. She specified that this meant “no sleepovers, no play-dates, no birthday parties… I must be absolutely clear: we are told time and time again that our education premises are safe, but it is the added movement around them that contributes to the R number. So I must make a plea to all learners, parents and carers, please continue to follow the guidelines. By following the guidance restricting contact with others, we are ensuring children and young people are able to do what we all want, which is to be back learning with their friends.”
We look forward to welcoming our Foundation Phase pupils back to school and await further information regarding the return of our Key stage 2 pupils. We will keep you updated as soon as we can.