Croeso i Dosbarth Penrhyn!
Click the link below for chapters of Holes, read aloud by Mrs Jones
After a long and heavy snow shower on Sunday, I have pushed our lessons forward by one day to incorporate a SNOW DAY!
Find below a grid of activities you might like to do on your Snow Day and a link to this week’s timetable.
18/1/21 – Home Learning
This week we will be starting a whole new topic.
We will be starting the book Holes by Louis Sachar and all of our literacy work this week will be based around these initial chapters. Everything you need to know about this can be found on our weekly timetable here:
For those of you who are finding it tricky to keep up with all of the activities and timescales on this timetable, I have sent a more limited timetable via dojo if needed. This is also included in the OneDrive folder.
All of the resources you will need for this week can be found here OneDrive and/or on Seesaw for daily activities and updates.
We will be starting a new concept in maths this week too. I have included some short video lessons to start off some of this week’s maths sessions. I am hoping this will help children to grasp some of the concepts and terminology we will be dealing with. I have started with the basics, but have included some more complex optional work for those children who would like the extra challenge.
As always, I am contactable between the hours of 8:30am and 4pm on Dojo, Seesaw and via email at email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have an questions or concerns about your child’s work this week. I will do my best to answer you as quickly as possible.
Have a great week
Mrs J x
11/1/21 – Home Learning
This week, we will be continuing to consolidate the maths we have been learning so far this year. We will also finish the book we started in the Autumn Term. You will find the video links to the chapters embedded into the PDF timetable for the week and also here:
Please find all of the home learning tasks for this week in the timetable below:
Files needed to complete and view some of tasks can be found in this OneDrive Folder
As usual, I will be contactable via Class Dojo, Seesaw and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) between the hours of 8:30am and 4pm Monday to Friday should you have any questions or need any support accessing the tasks set I have set this week.
Welcome back! A Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!
I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas break.
4/1/21 – As you all know, this first week back will be a home learning week. Please find a suggested timetable to follow below. I realise each and every house is different, so please do work these activities around your home schedule. The timetable is just there as a guide, but is very flexible.
You will also find some of the activities needed to complete the tasks below. The main maths activities will be found on MyMaths, but there are alternatives below for those who have misplaced their log ins or are having trouble logging in. Further online activities have been hyperlinked into the Timetable, which has been shared on Dojo and Seesaw also.
I will be contactable on Dojo, Seesaw and via e-mail throughout this week between the hours of 8:30am and 4pm should you have any questions, queries or news you wish to share with me before the children return to school for face-to-face learning.
Diolch yn fawr!
Friday 8th January Reading Activities
Alternative Maths Activities
Home Learning activities for the final week of term 15/12/20 – 18/12/20
We’re back – Autumn Term 2
What a fantastic first half term we had! I cannot believe how much we covered in just 7 weeks.
Our topic has taken a little ‘twist’ this half term. We will still be focussing largely on the Victorians, but we have chosen a new musical to get our teeth into.
Over the next few weeks, we will be studying and recreating the well known musical OLIVER!
We will be learning the lines, singing the songs , designing the set, creating opening credits and much more. Stay up to date with our progress and keep your eyes peeled for news of our upcoming DVD, which will be on sale in time for Christmas 🎄
We think you’ll enjoy it and we just know you’ll be asking for more…
A huge welcome back, after what has been undoubtedly one of the most unusual school years I have ever experienced. I hope you have all had a lovely, relaxed summer, and are ready for an exciting first term in Dosbarth Penrhyn.
I am really looking forward to getting started with our Autumn Term topic… I wonder if you can guess what it is….
Before I tell you a little more about that, here is some important information for you:
- PE will take place on a Monday this year and will be taught by our fantastic Health and Well-being coordinator, Miss Thomas. Children are asked to come into school wearing their PE kits for this first term. This should be a kit suitable for outdoor PE, as we will endeavour to be outside as often as possible. I would suggest a navy blue or black tracksuit with a hoodie or sweater, a t-shirt underneath and sports shoes/trainers (if you do not have blue or black, please do not worry, the important thing is that the children are warm enough and comfortable).
- Children will need to ensure they have a warm coat with them every day, as we will be learning outdoors as often as possible.
- Every child in Dosbarth Penrhyn will be issued with a pencil case on their first day containing all of the stationery they will need in class. If you wish to send in a personal collection of stationery this year, this needs to be in a case small enough to keep inside their trays.
- Children will be allowed to bring reading books home and are encouraged to read at home as often as possible. My philosophy is that reading is the key to absolutely everything. Reading is a top priority in Dosbarth Penrhyn; therefore, I will be sending a limited amount of homework this year, on the understanding that I expect children to be reading daily where possible. Each child will have a reading record to be signed.
- Our break and lunchtimes will be spent in a zoned outdoor area containing just our class. We will rotate this daily to ensure we have the chance to make the most of all of our outdoor areas, including the football/basketball zone, the role-play buildings and gazebo area, the trim trail (green park (weather permitting) and the yard at the rear of the school (which, weather permitting, gives us access to the forest school and pond area). In periods of adverse weather, we will remain inside in our own classroom.
For the foreseeable future, children will remain in either group A or B (you should have received this information on Dojo recently) for arriving and leaving school.
- Group A will need to arrive at school between 8:40am and 8:50am and be collected between 2:50pm and 3:00pm.
- Group B will need to arrive at school between 8:50am and 9:00am and be collected between 3:00pm and 3:10pm.
It is very important that these timings are adhered to, as we need to limit the number of adults on the school yard at all times. If you feel that your child’s assigned group will be an issue, please let me know as soon as possible.
We have a very exciting year ahead with lots to look forward to. New routines in school will, of course, take some time to get used to and are subject to change in line with government recommendations at any time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about anything school related. I am contactable on dojo and via email at email@example.com.
Finally, an overview of our curriculum coverage for the upcoming term can be found below. Please note, planning is subject to change in line with the learners’ needs and/or any updated government guidelines.