Croeso i Dosbarth Penrhyn!
A huge welcome back, after what has been undoubtedly one of the most unusual school years I have ever experienced. I hope you have all had a lovely, relaxed summer, and are ready for an exciting first term in Dosbarth Penrhyn.
I am really looking forward to getting started with our Autumn Term topic… I wonder if you can guess what it is….
Before I tell you a little more about that, here is some important information for you:
- PE will take place on a Monday this year and will be taught by our fantastic Health and Well-being coordinator, Miss Thomas. Children are asked to come into school wearing their PE kits for this first term. This should be a kit suitable for outdoor PE, as we will endeavour to be outside as often as possible. I would suggest a navy blue or black tracksuit with a hoodie or sweater, a t-shirt underneath and sports shoes/trainers (if you do not have blue or black, please do not worry, the important thing is that the children are warm enough and comfortable).
- Children will need to ensure they have a warm coat with them every day, as we will be learning outdoors as often as possible.
- Every child in Dosbarth Penrhyn will be issued with a pencil case on their first day containing all of the stationery they will need in class. If you wish to send in a personal collection of stationery this year, this needs to be in a case small enough to keep inside their trays.
- Children will be allowed to bring reading books home and are encouraged to read at home as often as possible. My philosophy is that reading is the key to absolutely everything. Reading is a top priority in Dosbarth Penrhyn; therefore, I will be sending a limited amount of homework this year, on the understanding that I expect children to be reading daily where possible. Each child will have a reading record to be signed.
- Our break and lunchtimes will be spent in a zoned outdoor area containing just our class. We will rotate this daily to ensure we have the chance to make the most of all of our outdoor areas, including the football/basketball zone, the role-play buildings and gazebo area, the trim trail (green park (weather permitting) and the yard at the rear of the school (which, weather permitting, gives us access to the forest school and pond area). In periods of adverse weather, we will remain inside in our own classroom.
For the foreseeable future, children will remain in either group A or B (you should have received this information on Dojo recently) for arriving and leaving school.
- Group A will need to arrive at school between 8:40am and 8:50am and be collected between 2:50pm and 3:00pm.
- Group B will need to arrive at school between 8:50am and 9:00am and be collected between 3:00pm and 3:10pm.
It is very important that these timings are adhered to, as we need to limit the number of adults on the school yard at all times. If you feel that your child’s assigned group will be an issue, please let me know as soon as possible.
We have a very exciting year ahead with lots to look forward to. New routines in school will, of course, take some time to get used to and are subject to change in line with government recommendations at any time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about anything school related. I am contactable on dojo and via email at email@example.com.
Finally, an overview of our curriculum coverage for the upcoming term can be found below. Please note, planning is subject to change in line with the learners’ needs and/or any updated government guidelines.