Dear parents / carers,
With the latest guidance from the Welsh Government on moving back to a Local Infection Control Decision Framework from 28th February, in a cautious, planned and phased approach to easing restrictions, there are a number of changes in place at school.
As you were made aware before half term, we have returned to our normal session times throughout the school day. Starting times are again between 8:40- 8:50am, and Nursey finish at 11:30am.
With regards to other procedures, it is advised that;
- only staff and secondary pupils now LFD twice a week. This advice doesn’t impact on arrangements for those identified as contacts of positive cases (who are advised to us LFDs for 7 days), or those who have symptoms (who should self-isolate and arrange a PCR as soon as possible.)
- face coverings should be worn by all staff and visitors when moving around indoor communal areas outside of the classroom where physical distance can’t be maintained.
- all schools continue to ensure core interventions stay in place such as;
- reminding staff and learners to follow self-isolation guidance,
- reminding staff and learners to not attend school if they have any COVID-19 symptoms,
- regular handwashing and respiratory etiquette (sneezing/ coughing into a tissue or elbow),
- ensuring adequate ventilation,
- maintaining appropriate levels of cleaning.
With these changes coming into force, we are no longer asking for you to have to wear face masks on the yard (unless we receive advice to do so at a later date), or to use the one-way system, unless you feel more comfortable in doing so.
We do, however, ask that you continue to be respectful of others on the school yard, giving each other adequate space to drop off and collect your children.
Thank you for your continued support,